Vegetable Curry aloo-mutter-gobi
- 2-3 potatoes medium sized, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cauliflower, washed and cut in florets
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 tbs vegetable oil (try organic coconut oil)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 inch ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds ("methi")
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander seed powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- coriander, fresh for garnish
- Simmer the cumin seeds and methi seeds in the oil for a minute or two.
- Grind the onion and ginger into the oil and simmer till golden.
- Add all spices.
- Add the potatoes.
- Add the cauliflower florets.
- Add some water, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and salt as per taste and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
Tip: if you don't have all the Indian spices you can use curry powder instead.
Tip: Using frozen cauliflower florets
1. Variation: add some curd
2. Variation: you can add 1 cup of coconut cream: use only a little water so that it does not stick to the button of the pan and add the coconut cream about 5 minutes before serving, so that it simmers lightly with the vegetables.