The Ultimate Kale Salad
- One bunch of fresh Lacinato Kale, aka Tuscan Kale, aka Dinosaur Kale
- One small Radicchio
- Two large lemons
- 100 grams Parmesan Cheese
- One handful Pine Nuts
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Remove stems from kale by pulling gently folded leaves from stems starting from base of leaves
- Discard stems
- Chop kale leaves finely and place chopped leaves into large salad bowl
- Juice lemons, pour juice onto chopped Kale and mix
- Chop radicchio finely and add to bowl
- Grate Parmesan cheese and add to bowl
- Add handful of pine nuts and Yeast to taste
- Add two pinches of salt (not too much as Parmesan is already salty)
- Mix well before adding olive oil
- Add olive oil and mix until moist
- Ready to serve immediately or keep refrigerated (recommend marinating for at least 30 to 60 minutes)
The kale will soften if kept to marinate for a couple of hours in lemon juice. If the kale is finely chopped, it can be served immediately, or kept refrigerated up to 48 hours.
|Remove leaves from stems||Chop Kale|
|Add Lemon Juice||Chop Radicchio|
Tip: Prepare in advance, the salad is delicious when all ingredients can soak for 30min to 1 hour.
Recipe courtesy Anahad – thank you for this wonderful salad that I had a chance to eat every day while in Sedona!
Anahad created this kale salad inspired by Dr. Andrew Weil, writer of several nutritional books and a creator of "True Foods".